Zionsville Soy Candle Company Blog
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Giving is part of human nature. We have even created the expression, “it is better to give than to receive” to emphasize the importance of giving and the virtue of generosity. This is why whenever special occasions arrive we always make it a point to wrap something nice for our loved ones and friends.
However, finding time to shop for gifts is not that easy especially in this day and age when most of our schedules are filled with loads of work, house chores, and other things that keep us very busy.
Fortunately for us we have soy scented candles. What used to function only as a source of light has transformed to become one of the most popular gift items in today’s society.
Here are the 7 of the top reasons why scented candles are great gift ideas:
1. Available in a wide variety of choices. There are scented jar candles, votives and tins. They are available in a vast array of shapes, colors, sizes and scents which will make it easy for you to get one that will suit the personality of the recipient of your gift. For instance, for your beach loving cousin, a candle with ocean breeze fragrance is surely ideal while a cinnamon scented candle will be adored by your sweet-toothed aunt.
2. Affordable. Scented soy candles are inexpensive but wonderful choices for gifts. If you own a business soy candles are a great addition to your other items. You can purchase wholesale scented candles which enables you to mark them up and sell them at a profit.
3. Appropriate for any occasion. Whether it’s Christmas, birthday, wedding or engagement parties, highly scented candles are suitable presents for any occasion.
4. Easy to shop for. With scented candles, you don’t have worry about things like if the size fits unlike when you give clothing items or shoes as gifts.
5. Personalized. You can give personalized scented candles by making your own. A lot of people adore customized or personalized gifts because you can really feel the thought and effort put into it. But even if you don’t have time to make your own candles, you can still add some personal touch to it by adorning it with beads or jewels.
6. Versatile and has lots of uses. Scented candles can be used as source of light when there’s an electric blackout, a means to relax and unwind, or as a room decoration to give one’s home a soothing ambiance. The receiver of your gift will find so many uses for the scented candles.
7. Easy to wrap. Because they don’t come in irregular shapes and in huge sizes, it won’t take you all day to wrap these scented candles. There are even scented candles that come in gift packaging that are available in reasonable prices.
Scented candles are truly wonderful gift ideas. Next time you go shopping for gifts, don’t forget to include these in your list.
by: Zionsville Candle Company 0 Comments
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
When the going gets tough and workloads threaten to stress you out, a wonderful way to relax is to light one of your favorite scented candles and bathe in their calming fragrance as your mind drifts away and forgets about everything for a while.
What used to be just a source of light has transformed to become a decor for your room and a means to have a relaxing ambiance. Because of the multitude of uses that candles now provide, a variety of scented candles now abound in the market, making shopping a little more difficult.
To save you from further stress, here are buying tips to help you in your quest to find the right scented candles for you.
1. Buy natural candles. Make sure that you only purchase scented candles made of soy wax which is a biodegradable and renewable material. These candles are non-toxic, environmental-friendly and safer to use than paraffin candles, which are petroleum based. Another added benefit is that, soy candles burn 50% longer than other candles, thus are more cost-efficient.
2. Look for the right fragrance. Color and shape take a back seat to fragrance when it comes to helping you make your selection. Fragrance is more important because the relaxing quality of candles comes primarily from their aroma. What’s the use of a scented candle if the fragrance that comes from it makes you dizzy? Sniffing before buying is a good practice when shopping for candles.
3. If you intend to buy a couple of scented candles, invest in different kinds. Instead of purchasing one large candle purchase dozen scented jar candles with different fragrances. You will then know which ones you really like and can purchase them in a larger size the next time.
4. Get candles that will suit and not clash with the theme and color of the room that you intend to put them in. If you intend to place them in your pastel living room, don’t buy candles in bright red or orange colors.
5. Shop online for good quality candles. If you don’t have time to do manual shopping, you can buy your scented candles right inside your home with just a few clicks. Shopping online may be convenient but it does not come without drawbacks. Since you won’t be able to smell the candle before buying, you have to make sure that you are familiar with the scent of your choice. You also have to be careful when choosing an online store. Be sure to rely only on authentic and accredited candle suppliers so you will get your money’s worth.
6. Buying wholesale scented candles will save you money. If you plan on buying a lot of scented candles, it’s a good idea to purchase it in wholesale or in bulk so you can acquire them for a lesser price. Many stores even online stores offer wholesale scented candles that cost a lot less than if you buy them retail.
7. When using scented candles, safety should always be a priority. Because of their low melting point 100% Soy need to be in a container. This is actually a good thing as it adds to the safety of burning your candle. Pillar candles can fall over and start a fire. Just keep in mind never to leave burning candles unattended.
Scented candles are a great way to make your home look better and for you to feel better. By buying the right kind of candles to fit your home, you’ll have a more calming and peaceful ambiance that you surely need.
by: Zionsville Candle Company 0 Comments
Instant 10% off Coupon. Sign up for our FREE newsletter to get great offers & exclusive discounts
Candle Making Kits
Candle Making Kits
Copyright © 2009 Zionsville Candle Company LLC. All Rights Reserved.