Zionsville Soy Candle Company Blog
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
When the going gets tough and workloads threaten to stress you out, a wonderful way to relax is to light one of your favorite scented candles and bathe in their calming fragrance as your mind drifts away and forgets about everything for a while.
What used to be just a source of light has transformed to become a decor for your room and a means to have a relaxing ambiance. Because of the multitude of uses that candles now provide, a variety of scented candles now abound in the market, making shopping a little more difficult.
To save you from further stress, here are buying tips to help you in your quest to find the right scented candles for you.
1. Buy natural candles. Make sure that you only purchase scented candles made of soy wax which is a biodegradable and renewable material. These candles are non-toxic, environmental-friendly and safer to use than paraffin candles, which are petroleum based. Another added benefit is that, soy candles burn 50% longer than other candles, thus are more cost-efficient.
2. Look for the right fragrance. Color and shape take a back seat to fragrance when it comes to helping you make your selection. Fragrance is more important because the relaxing quality of candles comes primarily from their aroma. What’s the use of a scented candle if the fragrance that comes from it makes you dizzy? Sniffing before buying is a good practice when shopping for candles.
3. If you intend to buy a couple of scented candles, invest in different kinds. Instead of purchasing one large candle purchase dozen scented jar candles with different fragrances. You will then know which ones you really like and can purchase them in a larger size the next time.
4. Get candles that will suit and not clash with the theme and color of the room that you intend to put them in. If you intend to place them in your pastel living room, don’t buy candles in bright red or orange colors.
5. Shop online for good quality candles. If you don’t have time to do manual shopping, you can buy your scented candles right inside your home with just a few clicks. Shopping online may be convenient but it does not come without drawbacks. Since you won’t be able to smell the candle before buying, you have to make sure that you are familiar with the scent of your choice. You also have to be careful when choosing an online store. Be sure to rely only on authentic and accredited candle suppliers so you will get your money’s worth.
6. Buying wholesale scented candles will save you money. If you plan on buying a lot of scented candles, it’s a good idea to purchase it in wholesale or in bulk so you can acquire them for a lesser price. Many stores even online stores offer wholesale scented candles that cost a lot less than if you buy them retail.
7. When using scented candles, safety should always be a priority. Because of their low melting point 100% Soy need to be in a container. This is actually a good thing as it adds to the safety of burning your candle. Pillar candles can fall over and start a fire. Just keep in mind never to leave burning candles unattended.
Scented candles are a great way to make your home look better and for you to feel better. By buying the right kind of candles to fit your home, you’ll have a more calming and peaceful ambiance that you surely need.
by: Zionsville Candle Company
Instant 10% off Coupon. Sign up for our FREE newsletter to get great offers & exclusive discounts
Candle Making Kits
Candle Making Kits
Copyright © 2009 Zionsville Candle Company LLC. All Rights Reserved.